Are you a passionate and talented English Teacher looking for an exciting opportunity in a 'Good' school? Step Teachers are working alongside a secondary school in Southwark who are seeking an English teacher with a passion for English and a desire to instil that passion in the school’s students. This is a full-time role starting in March and running until at least the end of 2024.
The school is a coeducational academy in Peckham catering for pupils aged 11 to 16 and has high aspirations in terms of the academic standards and personal development of the students.
Position: English Teacher
Location: Southwark, London
Start Date: March 2024
- Strong knowledge of the English curriculum at key stages 3 and 4.
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources.
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the classroom and throughout the school.
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback to help them to progress.
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons.
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
- A genuine passion for education and a commitment to helping students achieve their best.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with young learners.
- Qualified English Teacher
- Demonstrated experience teaching Englis