We have been asked by one of our favourite schools in Enfield to source an experienced Science teacher for a Head of Department role. This role will suit a candidate either previous leadership or head of department experience, or a strong candidate who is looking to make the step up their career. This is for a permanent role for a September 2019 start.
The Science Teacher:
- You must have a Science related degree, PGCE with QTS
- You will have previous experience in a role with responsibility
- To be accountable for the strategic leadership and management of the department, within the context of the school's aims and policies
- To enthuse, lead, develop and enhance the teaching practices of others across the department through mentoring, coaching, evaluating, supporting, guiding and target setting
About the school:
- The school is a larger than average mixed 11-18 secondary comprehensive with just over 1200 students on roll.
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted it is massively over-subscribed and is considered a school of choice by parents across a wide area.
- The school is a place where people matter, they believe that individuality is very much an internal quality that they foster and encourage through the widest variety of learning experiences.
- They aim to get the very best out of every student; while through planning engaging learning, assessment, support and intervention, students know where they are in their learning and how to improve.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including: an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today – for more info and full T&Cs visit www.stepteachers.co.uk/recommend-a-friend
If you are intersted in this role, then please apply below!