Step Teachers has been asked to recruit a PMLD LSA for a school in North London who have been working with us over a number of years. The post of PMLD LSA will be a temporary post commencing ASAP to take up an unplanned vacancy within the department. As PMLD LSA you must be prepared to adapt the curriculum to suit each individual pupil. You will also practise the following;
- To contribute to and actively support the overall ethos/work/aims of the School.
- Experience of working in a SEN setting is vital, preferably with PMLD pupils.
- To comply with, support and promote all school policies and procedures, particularly those relating to child protection, equal opportunities, racial equality, health, safety and security, confidentiality, behaviour and data protection.
- As a PMLD LSA you will ensure you learn a pupils individual ways of learning and equip them as such.
- You should be committed and flexible, able to work directly with the SENCO and with LSAs as required.
- You will have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs and Educational Inclusion, and the needs of the more able and talented.
This is a rapidly improving school where the newly appointed SMT are making huge strides in provision and attainment. Students are encouraged to strive for academic excellence and develop their character through challenges, interpersonal skills and broad interests; thereby building character and skills, which will serve them as they move into adult life. This school is evolving rapidly and the Governors are keen to retain excellent teachers and develop their careers as future leaders for the school and wider community.
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as discounts and offers on high street brands.
Get special perks for free while working PAYE with Step Teachers such as a support network that helps provide practical, financial, legal, emergency, technology and hospital services.