£130 - £180
12 days ago
We’re seeking a passionate teacher who can engage students in Science; not just to pass an exam, but to be able to express their emotions in a therapeutic and positive way. This is a temporary role which could do on longer.
The students often require support to build trusting relationships with professionals and you will have high expectations and a belief that they can succeed. You will be someone who can think outside the box with creative lessons for our onsite and offsite students, as well as bring a unique element to the team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that the teaching area is organised appropriately to provide a safe, tidy, pleasant and stimulating environment.
- Planning and delivering an appropriate curriculum based on individual needs having due regard to pupil entitlement.
- Teaching a range at different levels across the key stages.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with families/carers.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience working with pupils with complex needs
- Experience delivering Science to pupils in either Mainstream or other settings
- Writing and implementing effective behaviour targets for pupils
Candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. Step Teachers are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Unlike other agencies, Step Teachers are more than happy to process your pay via PAYE – you will not be forced to go with an Umbrella Company.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service. This is a new framework for schools to use, ensuring they have access to reputable agencies that meet certain safeguarding and recruitment guidelines. The DfE is heavily marketing this service across schools and we would strongly suggest making sure you are registered with a CCS-approved agency moving forwards. Registering with Step Teachers ensures you are working for a trusted partner of the DfE.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon Vouchers – if you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today.