Step Teachers are currently looking for a full-time SEN Teaching Assistant in the Romford area. The position as an SEN Teaching Assistant is a long-term supply role starting ASAP and continuing until the end of the year. This school is very proud of its students and is culturally diverse and inclusive. They provide an enriched curriculum that encourages children to be creative and independent. This role includes 1:1 support for a boy in year 2 who has challenging behavioural needs.
As a Long-Term Supply SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in providing personalised support and adapting your teaching methods to meet the diverse needs of the students.
- Work effectively with other members of staff in the classroom and throughout the school
- Assist the boy with his daily needs and support him with lessons
- Ability to support students in a small group environment and one-to-one basis, and encourage their progression
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement them effectively as an SEN Teaching Assistant
- Have proven excellent behaviour management skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work to set policy and procedure
- Able to work and cater to the individual needs of the student
- Have previous experience with SEN children as an SEN Teaching Assistant
Why Step Teachers?