Step Teachers have been asked to recruit graduates specialising in French OR Spanish for a brand new Initial Teacher Training (ITT) initiative called Grad2Teach. A Cantal London school with whom they work is looking to train a French OR Spanish specialist starting in September 2020 in an ideally full-time position. You will only be required to teach either French or Spanish.
Are you a recent university graduate looking to launch your career in modern foreign language teaching? Have you always wondered what it would be like to go to sleep every night knowing that at work today, you made a real difference to someone’s life? Grad2Teach is your first step in the right direction. This paid ITT programme offers a new opportunity to teach, train and – if successful – gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
With Grad2Teach, you’ll work to complete a one or two year course, with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two secondary schools, earning a salary throughout. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be a qualified Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) teacher with QTS and a PGCE under your belt.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification
- Have attained grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English for Secondary Teacher Training
- Have attained grade C or above in Maths, English and Science for Primary Teacher training
- Have determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude
What are the benefits?
In Year 1, you will:
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based, salaried programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will:
- Attend 9 training days at one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience